Does your child have their own savings account? Help the children in your life learn the value of a dollar. With Peoples Little Perks, saving is EXCITING! Each Peoples Little Perks member will discover the importance of saving money and enjoy picking a PERK Prize for doing so.
Get started today! It’s easy!
About Peoples Little Perks
- Join Peoples Little Perks, and you’ll get a welcome gift and a stamp card.
- ONLY $25 required to open account!
- For each deposit of $10.00 or more, the Peoples Little Perks member will earn a stamp. Double stamps earned if deposit is brought in the month of the member's birthday. The member will also earn a birthday coupon from a local restaurant!
- Once the stamp card is full, the member can pick out a little PERK Prize or save multiple stamp cards to pick out a larger PERK Prize!
Benefits of Youth Savings
- Help your child learn good money habits from a young age.
- One place to store the money gifts your child receives on birthdays and holidays.
- Motivated to save by the promise of earning a PERK Prize.
- Point out the interest earned on their deposits.
- Savings will grow until a later time, such as college or buying a first house.
Open a Peoples Little Perks Account Today!
As your community bank, Peoples Bank cares about financial literacy for local youth. Let us help your child learn how to save and other smart money management tips. Open a Peoples Little Perks savings account at one of our ten convenient locations in Northwest Iowa, Southwest Minnesota, and Southeast South Dakota.
Open to all children 12 years and younger. Applies to a new or existing Peoples Bank Savings Account. APY (Annual Percentage Yield) = 0.06%. Rates effective 6/8/23 and are subject to change without notice. Only $25 required to open account. Minimum $100 daily ledger balance is waived for this age group. Members must make deposits in person.
Birthday coupon good for a local restaurant coupon for one deposit made during the month of the child’s birthday; restaurant coupons vary by bank location.
Maximum of one stamp on stamp card per week per account. PERK Prize will be given to child when child hands in one full stamp card for the prize or when child hands in two full stamp cards for larger PERK Prize. Full stamp cards must be redeemed before the child turns 13 years of age.