Owning a car is one of life’s great pleasures, but insuring your vehicle can be a hassle. Luckily, Peoples Insurance makes it easy to find the coverage you need at rates you can afford. As an independent agency, we offer competitively-priced auto insurance through a number of dependable companies. Obtain additional savings when you package your home insurance and auto insurance policies.
How does car and truck insurance work?
Drivers are required by law to have insurance coverage on the vehicle(s) they own. At the minimum, you need to have enough liability coverage to protect yourself from financial loss if you cause an accident. If you have a car loan, you may be required to insure your own vehicle as well. Of course, you can always opt for as much coverage as you want to have for peace of mind. Factors like your family situation, the value of your car, etc., will help you determine the best policy to meet your needs.
What does auto insurance cover?
Depending on the types and level of coverage you choose, your policy could include any or all of the following:
- Liability: This covers the cost of injuries and damage to other people and their property when the car accident is your fault.
- Medical Payments: Provides a certain amount of reimbursement for medical care to treat you and any passengers in your car who are injured in an accident. This coverage kicks in regardless of who is at fault in the accident.
- Collision: Reimburses you for damage to your car from an accident, regardless of who is at fault. There is usually a deductible.
- Comprehensive: Provides coverage for damages to your vehicle from other causes such as fire, theft, hail, glass claims, and hitting an animal on the road.
- Uninsured & Underinsured Motorist: This type of insurance provides coverage if you are in an accident with a hit-and-run driver, an uninsured driver, or a person whose liability insurance doesn’t offer enough coverage to reimburse you for your injuries.
- Towing & Labor: This optional extra coverage provides reimbursement for certain expenses associated with an accident, such as towing fees, car rental, etc.
Get an auto insurance quote today!
Our agents offer local expertise and a long history in the insurance industry. Looking for a car insurance provider? We can help you determine your coverage needs and match those needs to the right policy. Give us a call or visit one of our seven locations in Rock Valley, Lester, Sioux Center, Akron, Sheldon, or Hawarden, Iowa and Jasper, MN. Our friendly insurance agents are always happy to answer your questions and help you with the application process.
Check out articles from our blog to learn more about buying and owning a vehicle!