America Saves Week (February 23 – 28, 2015) is an annual opportunity for individuals to assess their savings and take financial action. America Saves’ mantra – and the focus for America Saves Week – is simple: Set a Goal. Make a Plan. Save Automatically. When you know what your current financial picture looks like, you can be more proactive in setting yourself up for future success. Try these five simple steps during America Saves Week to help yourself save successfully:
1. Assess Your Savings. Like your health, you should assess your savings annually to make sure you’re savings priorities are on the right track. Complete this simple 12 question assessment to find out your current standing and help you plan for the future.
2. Evaluate your Savings Preparedness. Check off your savings accomplishments on the Saver Checklist to further evaluate where your savings habits need strengthening for your future goals.
3. Take the America Saves Pledge. Those with a savings plan are two times as likely to save for emergencies and retirement than those without one. Join the nearly 400,000 American Savers who have already committed to save. When you make the pledge, you can choose to receive text message tips and reminders to help you save towards your goals.
4. Share Your Savings Goal. Take part in the 2015 #imsavingfor Photo Contest. Share a selfie that shows what you’re saving for on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, and enter the contest at www.americasavesweek.org/imsavingfor for a chance to win $500. Savings never looked so good.
5. Make Your Savings Social. Are you on Twitter or Facebook? Join America Saves in encouraging your friends, family, and colleagues to save this week. Better yet, join one of the five – yes, five! – Twitter chats that America Saves will be a part of this week to get real-time savings tips and advice.