There’s no place like home! Make sure you have enough Homeowners or Renters Insurance coverage to adequately protect yourself, your home, and your belongings. At Peoples Insurance, we make it a priority to help you match your home insurance needs in Iowa, Minnesota, or South Dakota to the right types of coverage for a customized policy that fits your individual situation.
What is a home insurance policy?
A homeowners insurance policy provides coverage for the repair or replacement of your home and belongings in the event of fire or theft. It may also protect you from liability if someone is injured on your property. If you have a mortgage on your home, you will probably be required by the lender to maintain insurance coverage on your house.
What does homeowners insurance in SD, IA, or MN cover?
You can customize your home insurance policy to fit your specific situation and needs. Overall, you can choose from protection for your dwelling, other structures on your property such as a barn or fencing, personal property, and liability coverage. Homeowners insurance can help you repair or rebuild your home if it is damaged by fire, strong winds, lightning, or hail. It can also help you replace destroyed or stolen belongings inside your home.
Is your home insurance policy out-of-date?
Reviewing your insurance coverage should be an annual, end-of-year habit. Here are four tips for gauging whether you need an update.
- Review your policy to make sure everything is covered to your satisfaction.
- If you don’t understand something in your policy, ask us. We are happy to help!
- Let your Peoples Insurance agent know if you have done any remodeling or improvements.
- Update your list of personal property items and keep the list in a safe place.
Benefits of Renters Insurance
Are your belongings protected in the event of theft or damage to the home you rent? Renters Insurance coverage provides a safety net in the worst-case scenarios.
- Personal Property coverage can help you repair or replace your possessions if they are accidentally damaged or destroyed.
- Liability coverage is protection for accidental damage you cause to someone else’s property or injuries your guests obtain in your home.
- You can also add coverage for additional living expenses to pay for temporary lodging if your rental home becomes uninhabitable.
Why Choose Peoples Insurance for Homeowners Insurance?
Our agents offer local expertise and a long history in the insurance industry. We can help you determine your homeowners or renters insurance needs and match those needs to the right kinds of coverage. Give us a call, request a quote online, or visit one of our seven locations in Rock Valley, Lester, Sioux Center, Akron, Sheldon, or Hawarden, Iowa and Jasper, MN. Our friendly insurance agents are always happy to answer your questions and help you with the application process. Save money by bundling your home and auto insurance together.