Where Values Matter!
- Exceed customers’ expectations
- Create a dynamic environment that promotes personal and professional growth
- Enrich our communities through contributions of time, talent and resources
- Provide optimal long term value to shareholders
Our Core Values
- Honesty, integrity and respect shall be the cornerstone of all that we do.
- We strive to enrich families and communities through our actions.
- We are committed to excellence.
- Change fuels our progress.
Peoples Bank has had many milestones over the years, but the one constant over time is our commitment to our customers and communities.
We believe it’s important to:
- Provide modern banking services - Fairly priced and tailored to meet our customers’ needs
- Give back to our communities – Our time, a percentage of our profits, and our expertise. We are honored that we are often the first business contacted when a community group needs to fund a project, large or small. You will find our staff serving on many boards and committees providing leadership to worthwhile community groups, organizations and churches
- Listen to our customers - We respond to comments and often change product and/or service offerings because of customer feedback
- Make every effort to be a resource where customers can learn about loans and other bank products and services
If you are a current customer, thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you! If you are not yet a customer, we invite you to join us. Come see why we are passionate about what we do and why we are Where Values Matter!
On June 1, 1945, a group of investors from Lyon County starts a new bank in Lester, the Lester State Bank, chartered by the State of Iowa. The Lester bank, now one of our ten bank locations, has been in existence longer than any other bank location.
The Lester shareholders sell a majority interest in the bank to a group from Rock Rapids.
- In May 1977, the bank moves its chartered location to Rock Valley, opening a new office in Rock Valley and changing its name to Peoples Bank & Trust.
- The bank first begins offering trust and wealth management services.
Peoples Bank and many of its customers survive the ‘Farm Debt Crisis’ amidst the closing of many Iowa banks.
Under the leadership of Joe D. Van Tol, a newly formed group of Lyon and Sioux County investors purchase the bank from the Rock Rapids group.
Two offices of the former United Federal Savings Bank are purchased in downtown Rock Valley, as well as Sioux Center in June 1994. Until the downtown office was closed in 1997, Peoples maintained two locations in Rock Valley.
- The Sioux Center location moves to the north side of town into a newly constructed building.
- In March 1999, a new location is established in a temporary building in Akron.
- The bank’s name is shortened to Peoples Bank.
The Akron bank moves into a newly constructed building on Highway 12.
In October 2005, a new location is established in a temporary building in Sheldon.
- In March 2006, Peoples Bank acquires Jasper State Bank, resulting in a Peoples Bank in Jasper, Minnesota.
- The Rock Valley location is expanded and remodeled.
The Sheldon location moves into a newly remodeled permanent building on Highway 18.
In January 2008, Peoples Bank acquires Farmers State Bank, resulting in a Peoples Bank in Hawarden.
Sioux Center moves into a brand new building at 1701 S. Main Avenue.
On August 1, 2018, Peoples Bank acquires Pinnacle Bank of Sioux City, resulting in Peoples Bank locations in Hinton and Sioux City Morningside.
The Sioux City Morningside location's lobby is remodeled.
- On March 21, 2022, Peoples Bank in Lester opens in their newly constructed building at 2272 Iowa 9.
- On June 9, 2022, Peoples Bank in Hawarden opens in their newly constructed building at 920 Avenue E.
- On November 7, 2022, Peoples Bank opens a new bank location in North Sioux City, South Dakota, at 100 South Sodrac Drive Suite 110.